We invite you to enjoy the solar eclipse 2020 through an associative experience in Mapuche territory.
“Kurarewe” or “Curarrehue”, in mapuzungún “stone altar”, integrate a wonderful natural and cultural heritage in their natural reserves and the Mapuche people legacy. This mountain landscape is to 39 km. from Pucón city and 152 km. from Temuco, en Araucanía Region. This land is a border with Argentine and is recognize for their many national parks and reserves protected by the State. 100% of their surface is part of the Araucarias Biosphere Reserve, recognized for UNESCO, since 2010.
The most part of the population is rural and with Mapuche roots that work in tourism with identity and supporting the local heritage. The conservation of the rich local and ancestral traditions create a great stage that shape to Kurarewe in a privileged zone of Los Andes.
Get to know and tour Kurarewe in a simple and close way, sharing with Mapuche and peasant families in their daily activities; It is the opportunity to enter a living culture that manifests itself in expressions such as ancestral games, crafts, traditional looms, and local cuisine, supplied by the community's own gardens and the generous fruits of the Araucanía native forest.
The local Mapuche community of Copihupulli will share their rich culture through the opening of their homes and families, they will give us all their knowledge about the eclipse, nature and their special way of life and thinking in praise of nature.
Special Interests: SOLAR ECLIPSE, COMMUNITY TOURISM, GROUP, nature, forest, native village
$1379 per person double occupancy.
$300 per person deposit, refundable less credit card fees until October 10, 2020.
Balance is due October 10, 2020.
Single Supplement: USD 209
Extra night in Santiago double/single: USD 102
Extra transfer in Santiago in/out private: 48 USD per service (1 to 3 pax)
- Shuttle transfer from SCL to hotel
- 2 nights in Santiago in 4****
- Daily Breakfast
- Private Half-Day Santiago for the group with full lunch and beverage.
- Private Full-Day Estancia El Cuafro with wine tasting and full lunch with beverage
- Show dinner with beverage and transfer
- Private Transfer hotel to SCl airport.
- Transfers from and to Temuco airport
- All programmed visits & experiences
- Accommodation in houses or cabins with the families of the community tourism network
- Transport to the commune,
- Access to National and Community Parks
- Local guides from the commune of Kurarewe (Araucarias Biosphere Reserve)
- English interpreter
- Souvenir for the guests
- Solar glasses for the eclipse sighting.
- 1 gratuity for your guide
- Daily breakfast
- All meals specified as incorporated.
- All private transfers itemized as included.
- POLERA (T-SHIRT) included
- Taxes and VAT.
- 24 hours emergency line assistance.
- Tips: Local guides should receive $4-5 day.
- Bus drivers $2 a day.
- National Guide: $5 a day.
- Pre or post nights in Santiago.
- Flights (ask for them if interested)
- Extra beverages
- Bank Transference Fee USD 70
- Travel and/or medical insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- All other services not specified in the program.
DAY 1 — Thursday, December 10, 2020
SIB transfer upon your arrival to the hotel.
At 01:00 pm we will start the traditional city tour of Santiago de Chile with lunch at the Central Market restaurant.
We will start having lunch at the inherited and renown Central Market. visiting the principal streets of Santiago. The government house called “Casa de la Moneda”, or The Moneda Palace. We can admire its neoclassical splendour before continuing onto the ambient Plaza de Armas to contemplate the filigreed spire of the Cathedral. Another great building is the Museum of National History and the Central Post Office. After a stop, we will enjoy the green area of El Parque Forestal, a sprawling city park based on the design of Paris’ Champs-Elysees. Enjoy the gorgeous greenery and scattered sculptures before venturing to the bohemian neighborhood of Bellavista, home to resident artists and poets, to amaze with the street art.
After a short stop, we can ascend to Saint Lucia hill to enjoy a unique panoramic view of the Andes chain. Finally, our guide will stop us in Pueblito de Los Dominicos, also known as Los Granderos del Alba, a handicraft village with boutiques for unique souvenirs before returning to your hotel.
Duration: 5 hours approx.
00:00 Shuttle from SCL airport. Delfos-Chilexcluisve Desk to NH Ciudad de Santiago
Santiago Half-Day City Tour
- Upon arrival and after passing customs and picking up your luggage, go to the exit door number 4, before leaving, on your right, you will find the permanent counter of Chilexcusive-Delfos. Enter your full name and you will be transferred in a VAN SIB to your hotel, where you will check-in.
- Please be sure to travel with a company and flight that allows you to be ready at the hotel reception at 12:45 pm to start your tour from 01:00 pm.
- SIB transfer from the airport to the hotel upon arrival
- Tour guide in English
- Tour Leader
- Lunch at Central Market (including 1 appetizer + 1 beverage per person).
- Half-day Santiago Tour
- Extra beverages
DAY 2 — Friday, December 11, 2020
Departure from the hotel at 09:00
Tour, Wines & Tradition
At Estancia El Cuadro you will find Casablanca Valley’s most complete and entertaining eno-touristic experience. This informal yet educational full-day tour offers visitors a unique glimpse into the history and traditions of Chilean wine culture.
- Guided tour on a carriage through the vineyards
- Visit the Grape Wine Garden; a guided tour through our experimental garden that shows 26 wine grape varieties used to produce the most famous wines in the world.
- Visit Casablanca´s first Wine Museum; a guided tour through the vinification process history in Chile in the 1900s illustrated with handcrafted wooden figures.
- Wine tasting
- Lunch Menu. Appetizer / Entrance / Bottom / Dessert / Tea - Coffee (Free consumption of Wines Reserve Estancia El Cuadro, Natural Juices, Beverages, Mineral Water).
- Horse & rider presentation at our Rodeo field (if available)
- Access to our WineShop.
Discover our traditions during the dinner shows at Bali Hai and Los Buenos Muchachos.
- Wear comfortable clothes, hat, sun glasses and sun block
- Private transport hotel-CasablancaValley-hotel
- Guided tour on a carriage
- Visit the Grape Wine Garden
- Visit Casablanca´s first Wine Museum
- Lunch (includes wines and non-alcoholic beverages)
- Horse & rider presentation
- Access to our WineShop.
- Private transfer and Show dinner at Los Buenos Muchachos or Bali Hai with 1 beverage (depending on the season
- Beverages not described
- Services not mentioned as included
DAY 3 — Saturday, December 12, 2020
09:45 — Welcome and presentation of the program
10:00 — Mapuche culture talk; discussion on Mapuche philosophy and way of thinking.
11:30 — Visit farm, 'get to know the Mapuche peasant life'
13:00 — Mapuche cuisine local lunch
14.30 — In the afternoon you are going to visit a workshop of handcrafted soaps made of honey and natural herbs.
15:30 — Copihupulli waterfall hike
17:00 — Visit to a medicinal herbs orchard/garden
18:30 — Transfer to your host family home for dinner and accommodation
- Check-out from NH Ciudad de Santiago
- Transfer from NH Ciudad de Santiago to Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport [SCL]
- Scheduled Flight from Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport [SCL] to Temuco Airport [ZCO]
- Transfer from Temuco Airport [ZCO] to Mapuche People Traditional Ruka House
- Check-in to Mapuche People Traditional Ruka House
This schedule will be adapted depending on the arrival flight
- Group BUS private Transfer NH Hotel- SCL airport
- Transfer Temuco airport-Curarrehue
- Scheduled Programm
DAY 4 — Sunday, December 13, 2020
09:30 — Once there, you will walk to the eclipse observation point
10:30 — Discussion on “Mapuche Astronomy and Cosmology”.
11:45 — The eclipse observation process will start around 11:45 am, during which you will have a picnic with local products.
13:00 — Total eclipse ** the whole process will end around 14:30 (2:30 pm).
15:00 — Your day will continue with an Interpretative walk in one of the region’s araucarias forests,
18:30 — Visit to Walüng market
19:30 — Around 7:30 pm, you will eat some roasted lamb for dinner
21:30 — Transfer back to your host family for accommodation
** During the eclipse observation process, a picnic lunch service with local products will be offered.
DAY 5 — Monday, December 14, 2020
07:30 — Peasant breakfast
08:30 — Transfer to Cerro Peñihue.
09:15 — Start a 4 hours trekking to Mirador and Rociñ
13:00 — Arrival to Roquiñ and lunch (picnic)
14:00 — Around 14:00 (2:00 pm), you will start your descent and it will be the end of this tour.
18:00 — Transfer to family homes for accommodation
DAY 6 — Tuesday, December 15, 2020
08:30 — Peasant breakfast
10:00 — Talk on ancestral medicine
11:30 — Visit a native forest nursery forest and reforestation project
13:00 — Typical Mapuche lunch
14:30 — Practical workshop of traditional loom
16:00 — Workshop of ancestral musical instruments
18:00 — This day and tour will end around 18:00 (6:00 pm).
DAY 7 — Wednesday, December 16, 2020
At the time scheduled, outbound transfer to the Temuco airport.
Check-out from Mapuche People Traditional Ruka House
00:00 Private Transfer from Mapuche Ruka house to Temuco airport
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.
Request More Information
"Solar Eclipse 2020 Community Tourism Program + Santiago 2 Extra Nights"