Brochure Type: The Australia and New Zealand Book 2021 crossover
Explore the wonder Down Under side by side with high-spirited hosts who'll share their sheep-shearing lifestyle, gold rush heritage and sizzling good fun and food at a real Aussie Barbie.
- CITY TOUR in Melbourne
- ORIENTATION of Canberra and Beechworth.
- VISIT Parliament House, the Australian War Memorial, a sheep farm.
- 4 breakfasts
- 1 lunch (Connect With Locals)
- 1 dinner
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (623) 443-8195 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15547604
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 5 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Canberra||Sydney - Canberra: Journey through Australia's Southern Highlands bound for Canberra, purpose-built with the goal of creating the finest capital in the world. Stop at historic Berrima, famous for its gaol and early colonial architecture, then 'Connect With Locals' at Gold Creek Station, where you'll meet sheep farmer, Craig Starr, a 'Local Specialist'. Gain a deeper understanding of life on the farm before joining the Starr family for a Welcome Reception and 'Be My Guest' Aussie barbecue lunch. On arrival in Australia's modern capital, you'll embark on a tour through Parliament House with a 'Local Specialist'. Later, 'Dive Into Culture' and visit the Australian War Memorial to pay tribute to the brave Australian servicemen and women who have lost their lives in the past century in armed conflicts. Stay to hear an evocative lament, then join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for dinner.|
|Day 2||Wangaratta||Canberra - Wangaratta: Admire a city designed for a young nation as you ascend to the summit of Mt. Ainslie for panoramic views of Canberra with its man-made Lake Burley Griffin, named in honour of the Walter Burley Griffin, the American architect from Chicago who designed Canberra. Cross the mighty Murray into Victoria and visit its best-preserved gold rush town, historic Beechworth. Delve into the history of Australia's heady gold rush days after a brief orientation, with free time thereafter to explore its antique shops, galleries, the museum and the legendary Beechworth Bakery, self-proclaimed as 'Australia's Greatest Bakery'. You'll overnight in the nearby cathedral town of Wangaratta.|
|Day 3||Melbourne||Wangaratta - Melbourne (2 Nights): Enjoy a leisurely breakfast then journey through Glenrowan and Ned Kelly country to cosmopolitan Melbourne for a city sightseeing tour, where you'll discover why Melbourne is frequently touted as one of the world's most liveable cities. Spend the evening at leisure immersing yourself in this capital of cool, reflected in its elegant arcades, grand civic buildings and stylish shopping and dining options lining the banks of the Yarra.|
Savoy on Little Collins
|Day 4||Melbourne||Melbourne Free Time: Enjoy a full day to connect with Melbourne's sophisticated cityscape. Wander the narrow lanes in search of edgy street art or consider an Optional Experience touring the Great Ocean Road past lush forests and golden beaches to see such highlights as the Bay of Islands, London Bridge and of course the Twelve Apostles, which rise from the crashing waves of the Southern Ocean. Or you could visit Summerland Beach on Phillip Island to experience the famous Penguin Parade. As the sun sets, watch as they emerge from the sea and waddle across the sand to their dune burrows. On your last evening in Melbourne, embrace your inner gourmand and seek out one of Melbourne's laneway restaurants to sample the cuisine for which the city is so famous.|
|Day 5||Melbourne||Depart Melbourne: Your holiday concludes this morning after breakfast. You will be transferred to Melbourne Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).|
- *Air: Please note that return international airfares are not included in the prices above. Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available to us on the day that you book.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class